• Strongly correlated electron systems; Disordered electron systems; Low-dimensional systems; Superconductivity; Magnetism; Quantum phase transitions; Search for Broken-Time-reversal Symmetry state in novel condensed matter systems; Techniques include transport, thermodynamic, optical, magnetic, and STM.
• Precision measurements; Measurements of gravity at sub-mm length-scales; Casimir force measurements; Table-top experiments in search for axions.
- Time reversal symmetry breaking states in 2D materials: Anomalous magnetic states and Unconventional superconductivity.
- Torque magnetometry of gated exfoliated 2D materials
- Thermal transport in strongly correlated bad metals
- Quantum metallic states with bose character in two dimensional disordered superconductors
- The nature of the phases proximate to the superconducor-insulator transition in two dimensions
- Photogalvanic effects in Weyl semimetals and correlated electron systems
- "Short range gravity" and possible deviations from Newton's 1/R2 law at microns distances
- Search for Axions in the coupling range of 109 GeV < fa < 1011 GeV as a possible solution for the strong CP problem.